5 At-Home Bodyweight Workouts for your Booty!
Get moving with these amazing at- home workouts and get that booty you always wanted... To get the most out of those glutes, strengthen them with these bodyweight exercises. Let's Start!
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time.
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
OPTIONAL: To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
I would typically shy away from anything that referred to my bum and any explosions, but this move gives me an awesome stretch through my glutes while testing my balance and coordination and patience.
- Stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Then lunge forward with your right leg.
- Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
- Continue these lunges, alternating sides, for one minute.
- Your front knee should be bent 90 degrees and align over your ankle.
OPTIONAL: Use a pair of Dumbbells to add more weight.
A yoga sequence that works your entire body, sun salutations can especially benefit your butt: As you move from downward-facing dog into lunges and back through chair pose, you'll feel an incredible stretch right through your glutes down through your thighs and hamstrings.
Side Lunge Shift
- Step your right foot to the side, send your hips back, and bend your right knee to lower into a side lunge.
- Staying low, shift to the other side, so your left knee is bent, and right leg is straight.
- Push off of your left heel to stand. Repeat, starting with the left foot stepping sideways.
Make it easier: Do not step. Keep your feet wide and shift side to side, sending your hips back to engage glutes.
Side and Front Step-Up
- Stand with your right side to a secure chair or bench, and place right foot on the chair, bench or whatever you are using.
- Engaging your right glute, lift off the ground, straightening right leg. As with the step-up, do not push off your left foot (the one on the ground).
- Focus on engaging only the right glute to lift.
- Lower by sending hips back and bending the right leg.
- Repeat, on the front.
Congratulation! Now you know what workouts you can do at the comfort of your living room to grow your booty! Try these exercises every day for 30 DAYS and start seeing the results you always wanted.